Manage Cookie Settings
From Monday 4 January 2021 our Principal Office will be open Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm and 9am to 12pm on Saturdays. Key Temporary Criteria
The Melton for Brokers
The Society is entering the Help to Buy market with the launch of two new Help to Buy mortgages for both purchase and remortgage, including staircasing, to support the growing number of first time buyers and existing Help to Buy homeowners who are facing affordability challenges:
• Help to Buy England and Wales – 5 year fixed rate 2.75% with no application or completion fees. Max LTV 75%
• Help to Buy London – 5 year fixed rate 2.69% with no application or completion fees. Max LTV 55%
For Help to Buy homeowners coming to the end of their interest free period, the Melton will consider Help to Buy remortgage applications in the following scenarios:
• Equity loan remortgage – where the full equity loan remains in situ
• Capital raising remortgage – when staircasing to pay off part of the equity loan
• Remortgage and fully repay equity loan – in line with the Society’s standard lending criteria
“Entry into this market reflects our commitment to helping first time buyers get onto the property ladder and ensuring our customers have relevant, good value options available to them,” says Dan Atkinson, Head of Sales and Marketing, the Melton. “Our Help to Buy mortgages also give choice to homeowners coming to the end of their existing Help to Buy scheme who might wish to remortgage to another lender or have the flexibility to pay off part of their equity loan.”
Due to unprecedented demand we are extremely busy at the moment and our service levels may be longer than normal.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.